My Nerd Corner

My Nerd Corner

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CHA!!- A dream come true.

I recently returned home from, what I choose to describe as, a PHENOMINAL experience at CHA last week. Yes, it was my first time, -_- for all you pros out there..hehe. I was the Rookie of the show, but I loved every minute of it! CHA 2012 was everything I ever dreamed it would be!


When we walked up to the Magnificent Convention Center I just knew great things were going to happen!

First thing on our agenda was to partake in some very educational Seminars taught by the Best of the Best!!
 
Next we stepped out to hit up the party at the Prima Marketing WAREHOUSE!! To preview their new collections débuting at CHA.Which was a BLAST!



 BTW Anna Dabrowska (one of my FAVs) was there!!

 Teaching a class on how to be awesome like her! Anna, (we are on first name basis now..hehe), taught us so many grungy techniques and we got our hands dirty using gel mediums and spray inks and tons of trinkets of any kind..and we got to try out some new distressing tools in fun new ways...So exciting.

We also had a chance to be on Live With Prima which was unexpected, but very fun! Seems like people really liked my craft apron!
Check me out on this video and have a laugh!

Then it was back to the show the next morning and a sudden FLASH MOB broke out singing and dancing to "She's Crafty"! Perfect way to kick off the show!
Click here to check out the Flash Mob at CHA 2012..
Those lovely ladies know how to Party!
I just was filled with anticipation of all the incredible displays and all the celebrity artists (like TIM HOLTZ-he is a ROCKSTAR) Some have described him as "the Justin Bieber of scrapbooking" lol


Don't forget my favorite product companys filled with all my favorite products and more!!!
I also took advantage of the several opportunities to show a couple design samples to companies that I would love to work with, and so far have recieved extremely positive feedback! YAY!
Click here to check out  Rana's Nerd Corner page on Facebook for more Exquisite photos!
(You might be in one!) hehe
 Then I took an amazing Canvas Collage class taught by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! All the walls must come down when you take a class from her! She is Spectacular!!
I returned home, sponge-full, with inspiration that I soaked up from all my FAVORITE designers!! Yes, I did meet them there! and Yes, I did nerdily approach every last one of them!! as you have seen in the
photos..LMBO!
 I am glad I finally got to share this experience with you I'm still going through withdrawals from the show and have been busy crafting to my hearts content, preparing submissions for all the upcoming design calls and connecting via social media with all the wonderful new people I met at CHA 2012.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a Blessed Day!..8D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please verify that you are not a robot before you leave a comment...8)